Monday, April 16, 2012

April.........

Spring has sprung around here! The cherry trees are absolutely gorgeous! I think today will be full bloom. The bee's are out and Nathan officially stepped on one....so it has to be spring!
The pictures of Seth's dedication and everything else are still on my camera! Can you believe it? I have so many pictures on there. I just need to take the time to load them onto our computer.
There are pictures of the new dog, Felix. The three new bunnies! There's also a pictures of some hikes we've taken. I need to get to that.
Yesterday, we woke up and started cleaning out the garage. It has been driving me CRAZY!! Not to complain, but we could open up a shoe store, around here! The sprayer has been in the garage all winter, so that makes it kind of tough. Rhett, sprayed last Thursday, so it helped getting that out of there. After the garage was clean, we cleaned out the van, washed it, took stuff to Goodwill.........then it was time for the upstairs.....! After that was, somewhat mucked out, Rhett started on getting the water (irrigation) going. He had fifteen orchard sprinklers to fix! I think that was a record. I then, started my baking for the week. First, I had to grind all of my different wheat....in between this, I made dinner and oatburgers (for the week). While doing this, I had to mend a bee sting, help Mitchell with his wood burner, look at Garhett's college stuff, put in three loads of laundry. Then it was time to start the 12 loaves of bread! We had some family stuff we had to do and we needed to call a friend to figure out plane schedules and tickets for Garhett and his friend Dakota. I was laughing as we were doing family worship last night, because Rhett was sharing with me all the problems in the orchard he had dealt with. So, then he asked me what I done, besides the bread...when I listed all of it, he just shook his head and said, "Mama of all Mama's!" I guess a mother doesn't stop and think about what she does during a day. She doesn't just bake, cook and clean. She is a teacher, washer, nurse, etc., etc., etc.! I am so blessed to have a husband who appreciates what I do. After our Bible time and before prayer, Rhett read a section in the kids' lesson this week. It was about fast food...and there was a part in there and said, "cooking is a science." All the kids looked at me and Nathan said, "Mama, you are a good Scientist!"
 Oh, how blessed I am!
Well....off to make two lunches and finish breakfast! God bless!!

No comments:

Post a Comment