Sunday, April 29, 2012

A Turn of Events....

Last evening, after sun-down, we celebrated out son Seth's 8th birthday! He is such a joy and we are so thankful to have him in our lives.
After he opened his presents and things, Rhett and I had to go fill up the gas cans with diesel, so he could spray the orchard in the morning. On our way down the driveway, in the Subaru, we noticed it wasn't running right, so Rhett said he would check things out at the gas station. While waiting in the car for him, the check-engine light came on (not a good sign). He couldn't find anything, but it ran worse going home. I think we will have to go see our trusty mechanic. Well, thinking we were down to two cars, with three drivers, we went to the Lord in prayer. After this we found out that some very dear friends of ours have been turning away from the truth. Yet another thing weighing on our hearts and minds as we went to bed.....
You know how you wake-up in the morning, thinking your day is going to go a "certain way" but it turns out differently?
Well...I am having one of those days!
Hubby had to wake up early, so he could spray the orchard. I have to be down at the road, telling him when cars are coming. (We wouldn't want to get any spray drift on anyone! Just another government stipulation, but that's beside the point.)
He went out to mix the spray and get it all into the tank. Well, after it was mixed and he was ready to go, he noticed the back tire on the sprayer was flat. Totally flat, like on the rim, flat! We found a very tiny air compressor and I drove our Suburban over to where the sprayer was, so we could use the battery from that, to give energy to the compressor, to fill the tire. It didnt' do anything, but we did find out, there's something wrong with our Suburban now!! In the mean time, Rhett told me to run to the store to get a larger air-compressor. So, the only thing open on a Sunday morning at 7:00, would be Wal-mart. Now, not to judge the place or put it down....but....I can't stand the joint! Tori, went with me. We found the automotive department, clear in the back of the store. We didn't bother to take a cart, but discovered later that it would have been nice to have one! I chose the one we needed and tried to pick it up! No go!! So, Tori and I figured out we could push the box clear to the front! We did! When there isn't anyone to ask for help...us women can figure it out on our own! When we got up to the front, which was a straight shot, while I was paying for it, Tori ran to get a cart. Of course no one asked if they could help us put this HUGE and HEAVY box into the cart, so we did it ourselves! It was so big it wouldn't fit into the back of the van! Anyway, to make a long story short, we got it home and it pumped up the tire and Rhett was good to go! There wasn't much traffic on the road either!
So, after I helped him spray, I came into the house to feed the kids breakfast and to start making my twelve loaves of bread. I was on my last batch of bread, when Rhett came into the kitchen. Picture if you will.......I had just had my hands in coconut oil (for the bread) and I was putting warm water into an 8 cup measuring bowl. I turned around and Rhett barely, brushed the side of my arm and the cup went up into the air and crashed into a MILLION pieces! I kid you not, there were a million pieces!! Cleaning it up was tricky, because it was cutting my floor! I cut myself twice and kept calm, while trying to tell the two crying children that I was okay! Guess what? My day isn't over yet!
You know, I keep telling myself to count it all as blessings. If we are not in trials, we wouldn't be on the right path.
We must be headed in the right direction, because there's been a lot of trials in the last 24 hours!
By the way, I have swept over and over, wiped the floor with wet paper towels, then mopped it, but there is still bits of glass. Any suggestions? I could sure use it!!
God bless you my friends! Keep lookin' up!!

2 comments:

  1. We use our vacuum cleaner for broken glass. Hope tomorrow is better~and yay to birthdays!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. One of "those" days!!!

    :-) we've had a few of those.... tantruming kids, wheels flying off vehicles, can't get home to our own bed, all the baby's clothes soaking wet, etc.. You know how it goes. lol

    God takes care of us and we can look back and smile.

    My suburban is "running" at half mast.

    Angela

    ReplyDelete