Saturday, June 9, 2012

A New Arrival in the Family....

Announcing to the world...the arrival of my 2nd great-niece....Jayel Dawn! She was born today at 1:30 pm, weighing in at 9lbs and 22" long. It was a home born and her daddy helped with the delivery while grandma was taking care of big sister, who turned 1 yesterday!
This is "big sister" Keturah with her new little friend...Jayel. I adore this picture! It's so cute!!
I only wished we lived closer, so we could get to know these two little cuties better.
Life is so full of change..
An update around here: My mother-in-law's friend made it! The doctors did not expect her too, but the Lord had a different plan. She is recovering well and my mom-in-law is very happy! We all are!
My oldest nephew graduated from high school last Friday. He had a small class of 135, so it was a very personal graduation. He is planning on going to the college were Garhett is! Speaking of Garhett, he is done with his first year of college! He finished his finals on Thursday, so that meant we had to celebrate! To celebrate we took all his siblings, grandma and cousin Tony (who just graduated) yard saleing on Friday! We LOVE looking at other people's junk! When people come to my house and ask me where stuff has come from...the answers vary from.... yard sales, Goodwill, Mexico, Africa or mom! Hey....buy used and save the difference!
I am going to Seattle tomorrow with "the girls", to get away for a day. We have been planning this for awhile. The only bummer is, I came down with a cold! My throat is so raw! My brother is headed to the ER right now, because he's feeling so bad. I really blame most of it on the weather we are having. It does not feel like June! Our cherries are HUGE, but they aren't getting very red, very fast, because we aren't having any sun! It is a promising crop, if the weather ever goes back to the way it's suppose to.
Well, I better get the house back in order. I have to get up at 5am to help Rhett spray and then it's off to Seattle!!

No comments:

Post a Comment