Sunday, September 23, 2012

Canning and Coughing........

Around here we have been canning and coughing!
Literally, not to complain....but...it has been a trial!
Two Sabbaths ago I had mention to Rhett, that we needed rain. He then told me that we hadn't had any fires on the mountains this year. What do you know? That night, we were outside on our deck watching the most elegant lightening storm! We had to have the children come in, because it was so close!! Oh boy...it caused so man fires and we are still fighting for breath! It's hard to keep six children in the house, day after day. We do wear our N95 masks when we go out, but that's just to the car, to the house, to the store, to church.....! Today, Nathan said that the trampoline sure looked lonely! Now, I'm not saying our air-quality is poor...it is awful!
Rhett's, school was called off all last week. Well, he went on Monday and came home, because the carbon monoxide level was over 900! Normal is 30!! I just checked our levels here and they are 394..which is hazardous.
Yesterday, Ellie and I were coughing so much that we weren't able to go to church. I was so disappointed, because I was so looking forward to the sermon! Two girls from our sister church, who happen to be good friends were giving the sermon. When the rest of the family got home, they told me about it. It's not the same as being there, though!
I have been able to get a lot done in the house. School, canning, canning and canning! We have canned 90 jars of pears, 70 jars of peaches, 20 jars of grape juice (that's just our white ones, we still have our red ones to go), 30 jars of spaghetti sauce. We also dried apricots, grapes and fruit leathers. I am thankful to get all of our fruit "put up", but I really miss having the windows and doors open. We look forward to fall so much, with the changing colors and cooler days and nights. We sadly had to put our air conditioner on again, because we had to filter the air.
On a positive note, we are embarking on a "life-change". We have decided to foster care. We have prayed and pondered on this for some time now. We have already done the paper work, had a home inspection and have gotten our finger printing done. I was praying about the finger printing, because it's only offered on Friday's from 11-2. We weren't sure how Rhett, would get it done. But, because of the fire's and school closures, we had our appointment on Friday!! The only bummer part is that I will have to travel three hours to go to the classes! I was hoping I would be able to find a class that was closer to us, but they are all given on Friday evenings and Sabbath's. I know the Lord has a plan, so I will go this route.
This is one out of the two bridges in our town. This picture was taken in the middle of the day. The temperature was about 95 degrees. You know it makes us think of what the earth will be like at the end of time................
Blessings!!


2 comments:

  1. Would you care to can more tomatoes??? The air looks as bad as ever this morning, but I am thankful they were able to get the school opened again!! Missy and I would not have survived another day....

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The Pepple's stopped by last night with some of your tomatoes! They shared some with us. If you have some you'd like to get rid of, I could sure use them! Thanks for thinking of us.
      Is your day going a bit better?

      Delete