Monday, October 1, 2012

To Say Goodbye......

.....is sometimes so difficult.
Today, we said good bye to my best friend's mother. She was a devoted woman. Devoted to her God, her husband and her children. She was born in Vietnam and met her husband during the war. He brought her home as his wife. They raised a family of five children. During the time their children were little, she became a US citizen. They also brought, to her new homeland, over twenty members of her family, from Vietnam. She kept her promise to them. One she had made when she left with her husband.
Every time I would go visit her, she made me noodles....without meat! She would give my children little candies, that were in her delicate little dish.
On this day....she was remembered. On this day....her children rose up and called her blessed. To have known such a lady, what a privilege.
 
Today, my grandpa would have been 98.
I was trying to hold back the tears. I was biting my lip, holding my hands...but alas...! When I placed a single rose onto the top of her cherry wood casket...the tears started coming. My friend and I embraced each other and were not ashamed of the emotions we were feeling.
Yes, to say good-bye is sometimes difficult.
There will be a time where we will never say good-bye.
There will be a time where all tears will be wiped from our faces!
There will be a time where we will see our loved ones again.
That time is coming soon!
Come, Lord Jesus, Come!
Elizabeth Engley...may you rest in peace. 

No comments:

Post a Comment