Friday, November 16, 2012

Sadness...Overwhelming Sadness....

Things don't always turn out how we want them to be.
Rhett, came home from the "big city" last night, with his sister, Mitchell and Tori, but without his mother. They were suppose to do her procedure three days ago, but she kept getting "bumped", for other scheduled cases and emergencies. She was suppose to go in at 1:30 yesterday, then 3:00, then between 5 and 7...then not at all. A doctor came in last night and apologized over and over, but things couldn't be helped. So.....today she is scheduled for 1:30. Rhett, needed to come home to write sub-plans for today. The kids were tired and needed their home. Lana, needed her family and they needed her.
 
Our plan was for me to go back with Rhett today and have Garhett take charge again. Rhett, came home at 10 last night. Traveling mercies were again on him on the passes. I so wanted to go and be with him and his mother today. We prayed and felt that the kids needed me here.
I just went over to his mom's house to get the things she needed. She is suppose to come home tomorrow....
I kissed Rhett good- bye again, with tears running down my face. Last night, I hardly slept. I was listening to Rhett breath and I was thinking of all the sweet memories that his mom and I have had. I was thanking the Lord for such a great mother-in-law. She became my friend even before Rhett and I decided to get married. She has continued to be a great support.
Before Rhett, fell asleep, he caught me up on the last few days, of what the doctors had been telling them.
"Congestive heart failure"
I have heard all of this before.........
It's not fair! She is still so young! He has already lost his daddy and now we don't know how long we will have his mother.
 
He is driving alone. He is on his way back to be at his mother's side. I am not. I feel so torn. I know Rhett is right, that I need to be with the kids. I want to be in both places, but it isn't to be. I wanted to take the kids, but his mom couldn't get up in our van.
Why? Why have we been saying good-bye to so many of our loved ones?
 
The comfort that I have is Jesus. I want to cherish these times that I have with her. I know soon all of this will be done away with. We will all be together in heaven some day. The suffering, the pain, it's so hard for me to see someone hurting. I want to take that pain and suffer for them.

 We have Someone who has done that.
 
"Dear Father in heaven. Please be with Rhett as he drives the snowy roads. Please be with the doctors today and guide their hands. Please give Dawn the strength to come home to us. Please give us a peace that surpasses all understanding. Thank you Father, in Jesus name, Amen!"

4 comments: