Tuesday, November 13, 2012

Wow!!

Where do I begin?
Today, is my husband's birthday. We celebrated it last night with the kiddo's, because he is on his way across a mountain pass (in the snow) to see his mother.
Life has been crazy around this place.
I started our PRIDE classes at the end of last month. I am halfway through them now. Hallelujah! They are pretty insightful, but far away! Yes, they do offer these classes in our town, but it conflicts with our beliefs. All of the classes are during the Sabbath hours. So....that means we have to travel three hours (one way) to participate. We know the Lord wants us to do this....we know He has a plan...so we are following His way!
What are these classes for, you ask? We are going to be foster parents. Our little guy Seth, every morning and evening (and probably during his day) prays for a little sister (or two). We would go back to Africa if we could, but that's just not in the plan in the near future. So, we prayed long and hard and are going to "look" into foster care.......we shall see!
So, I have been interrupting the children's schooling, twice a week, to travel to these classes. They have dealt pretty well. Garhett, gets home around 1:30 every day and helps them with their work and daddy comes home and finishes it up.
It was working out okay, until last week...........
Rhett's mother has been struggling with her health. We all knew it was her heart. To make a long story short, last Thursday she went in for a procedure, through the main artery. They thought they could go into one of the arteries and put a stint in. When they tried to do that, she coded. I was trying to get a hold of Rhett on his cell phone, but he was teaching and couldn't get it. I finally just called the school (which I hardly ever do...unless it's an emergency).
He left school and told me to meet him outside. He was going to swing by and pick me up so we could go to the hospital.
I was trying to keep my tears at bay and stay calm for the kids. I got them all settled, then ran down our long driveway and met Rhett on the road. We literally flew over to the hospital.
When we arrived we were told, by Rhett's sister, that she had come-to on her own. She was going over to the UW by ambulance.....
So, what do we do, but called the kids, called my mom then Rhett, Lana (Rhett's sister) and I , headed over the pass....following the ambulance.
We waited to talk to her, before they put her into the ambulance. She had a tear roll down her face as she squeezed my hand. I couldn't speak...there was that "hot lump" in my throat again. The kids had made cards for her, for when she came home. In my haste to run to Rhett when he got home...I grabbed those cards. (cards mean so much to her) I slipped those cards under her little hand and her face lit up!
We were on our way....when we were over the first pass we all realized we had NOTHING with us! We had our phones and the clothes on our backs...that was it! We didn't even have coats! The Lord was watching out for us. All three of us have the type of personalities where everyone comes first and we think of ourselves last....well, this proved it once again! At least it made us smile!!
Once we got to the hospital, we met with several doctors, teams, nurses, etc. Once again I am impressed with the UW hospital.
So, we stayed the night and came back Friday, just missing Rhett's brother and his family. They came and stayed the weekend, so we could be home with our kids. We aren't sure of what the future holds, we are praying that Rhett's mother is with us for awhile longer. My prayer is that our children can see someone come home from the hospital and LIVE! They have seen a lot of the older generations in our family go to the hospital and not live long afterwards. Although, my brother is a living example of a miracle!!
Praying that we have her for the holidays and much longer!
The last thing I said to her when I said goodbye was, "Thanks for going through this for us! I love you!"


No comments:

Post a Comment